Monday, September 2, 2013

Self Portraits and Stuff

Happy Labor Day (:



Hi everyone,

So it's been hot in Los Angeles, like unbearably hot. The kind the makes you feel so sticky and unattractive and you just want to sit in a pool all day and do absolutely nothing. Yesterday I was having one of those days, but instead of wallowing in my misery, I decided to challenge myself and take some self-portraits. Now i've always been a fan of self-portraits, but never of myself. Like iphone selfies are one thing, but standing in front of your camera so vulnerable not knowing how it'll come out is just so nerve wracking. Regardless, I challenged myself and must have taken 25 photos (which is NOTHING), feeling silly setting up the self timer, going back to where I was to posed then, awkwardly pose for 5 seconds hoping I don't look ridiculous (which was 99% of the time), and then do it all over again.

In the end, I only liked these two shots. One day I will get a shot that I don't cover my face and am completely bare to the camera, but until then this will do.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

-Diana

P.S. How do you guys like the updates on the site?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dee Marie Designs
Maira Gall