Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesday Tunesday 13//Young and Useless


Hey guys!

These weekly playlists are so much fun for me. I get to go through all my old archives of pictures to find the PERFECT one, then make an epic playlist (that I obsess over that whole week may I add).

This weeks playlist is inspired by high school Diana and her OBSESSION with kroq/star 987. When she was all angsty and had pink/purple/blonde/blue/black hair (total poser, but I miss it). It especially reminds me of my first trimester sophomore chemistry class talking to Daniela about pretty boy bands and copying off Chris cause he was the smartest guy in the class and I was the dumbest (sorry Mrs. Melendrez!), and making a total fool of myself by falling off my chair during lecture. I finally got out of my bubble and learned so much about myself and the world that year. I fell in love with the thought of my future, and all the possibilities it had to offer. I traveled to a new country and fell in love with traveling and art. I also fell in love with a hair straightener and non flared jeans. I may though secretly envy high school Diana for being able to have all those weird colors in her hair, because 21 year old Diana would make a crazy hair comeback and have chili pepper red hair (and loved it!), then have to dye it a normal color cause of work.

Anywho, the photo for the artwork was taken at the Old LA Zoo, which is an epic photo spot if you're ever in the LA area. I hope you enjoy this. I know it does have a certain sound to it that not many people may like, but I promise it'll be worth it.

01. Young and Useless - This Century
02. Don't Cry Out - Shiny Toy Guns
03. Honestly - Cartel
04. The Best of Me - The Starting Line
05. What's My Age Again? - Blink 182
06. In Too Deep - Sum 41
07. MakeDamnSure - Taking Back Sunday
08. I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic! At the Disco
09. Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades - Brand New
10. Helena - My Chemical Romance

Spotify

P.S. I'm pretty sure high school Diana would be jealous, because adult Diana was finally able to get that facial piercing, get that license, graduate from her dream college, and finally able to have experienced love and heartbreak in the most wonderful way.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dee Marie Designs
Maira Gall